Monday, November 06, 2006

Swimming Pool (IV)

At the pool tonight after a relatively short swimming session. I was getting dressed when the aquaerobics class came back in the locker room. About 10 women between 50 and 80 years old, talking of anything but Michelangelo.
I hear a compliment on a swim suit and the answer comes "Well, thank you. I found out since I bought it that it is a mastectomy swimsuit, so I feel like I am taking it away from someone who really needs it".
I can't help but taking a peep at the woman who just spoke these words. She is among the youngest of the group. Maybe around 50. She is holding as a demo, a wet swimming suit, showing the part of the breast-cup that is designed for women who have had mastectomies. I can see something that look like a double slit, extra clothes. It is not quite clear how it is supposed to work and how it looks on a woman who still has her two breasts large and hanging.
I hear another woman saying "Be happy you don't have to wear these for that reason".
I walk out of the door to enjoy the cold but refreshing air that greets me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home