Saturday, July 01, 2006

Dog's heaven

I'm on a long walk exploring some of DC neighborhoods. It is a hot day and I've been walking for about 2 hours, making my way back home slowly. Sheridan Circle on Massachusetts Ave has a large statue at its center and it is flanked by 2 water fountains. A woman is standing by the fountain while her dog is literally taking a shower. His foot are in the water and he is going from one faucet to the other, clearly enjoying the reprieve from the heat. The woman is motionless. She seems to be willing to wait as long as her dog wants to stay and she is enduring the sun while her dog is relaxing at the pool. It is funny to see though, a dog so completely content without being jumpy and excited. In the 10 minutes it takes me to walk around the square, I see that the odd couple has left the first fountain and the dog is now having fun in the other one. Boundless enthusiasm of an animal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Solomon2 said...

Sheridan Circle?

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your simple stories about your pet. How much did you buy your Best Pet Water Fountain? I think I want to buy that for my dog so that they will not drink anywhere.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home