Monday, June 14, 2004

Pissing in the streets

Yesterday, walking back from the pub after the game. A victory at the last second and I was feeling jubilation, happy like an animal which has just escaped a predator attack. The man walking toward me felt another animal calling. Another urgent need. I saw him stop to pee in the flower pots in front of the ice-cream place. This is a rather large street but he makes no attempt to cover himself. He seems totally relaxed, enjoying himself. I turn to walk further away from the scene but can't resist a remark as I walk pass him. As soon as I finishe speaking, I realize that this man is quite old and that he could be sick and in need of relieving himself very frequently. I suddenly feel bad and guilty.
This is when I notice that he has just laughed at my remarks and showers me with insults. After receiving a couple of "Fuck you" and "what's your problem?", I feel less guilty and happier. Back to the initial joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home