Tuesday, September 21, 2004

No cubs

I made my way back to the zoo today: I wanted to see the tiger again. I made it there toward the end of the afternoon, when the animals become active again. She was pacing again, restless again.
A small group was looking at her, clearly disappointed. Three kids and their father. He is on the phone and I hear "No, the cubs are on display in the morning only. I didn't know obviously so now I have three cranky kids on my hands and no cubs!" The conversation keeps going until he asks the person on the line to meet them at the zoo parking lot. He turns around to the kids and announces the plan of touring the ground. The plan is greeted by a polite silence. They clearly wanted to see the cubs. Only the cubs. He explains. They are reluctant to go anywhere else. They watch the older tiger pacing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home