Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Raymond Aron and the hot chick

I went to a talk about the "Raymond Aron and the End of Europe" ( life in DC is political or isn't).
I arrive almost late and rush to take a seat in the middle of a row, disturbing everyone seated already.
The talk is about to start when I hear my neighbor asking, in a low voice, almost as to himself. "Who is the hot chick over there?" I look up in search of the hot chick in question. A blond woman waving in his/my direction. He waves back.

The beep of the elevator on the way back. At each floor, a loud and sharp sound that hurts by the time I make it back to the lobby.

5 Comments:

Blogger Solomon2 said...

I'm suprised you did not comment on the schmoozing afterwards. Can you believe it, they served beer, wine, and spirits, but almost nothing to eat? People became very talkative, and very interesting to observe.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Just said...

I left right after the questions to go to a movie (a one time screening only of an Italian movie).

11:29 AM  
Blogger Solomon2 said...

I hope it was worth it!

BTW, I noted attendees from the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, and Japan -- but the only person from France I could see was the brunette directly in front of me.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Solomon2 said...

FYI: Confessions of a Politically Incorrect Professor

8:27 PM  
Blogger Just said...

Thanks for the link although I don't trust "anonymous" letters of complains because there is no way to check all the facts.
Interesting nevertheless.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home