Monday, June 20, 2005

Fandango

I was trying to get tickets for the new Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt movie. So I call the Fandango number. The movie is playing at 3:30 and 4:15 PM but my friend and I have already agreed to see the 3:30 show. I call and I get the theater code, the movie. Now I am selecting the show time.
The voice on the recording is sweet and sticky. "At what time do you want to see this movie?" "3:30 I answer. "Sorry, I didn't understand your answer. At what time do you want to see this movie?" "3:30" I repeat. "I'm sorry, I still didn't understand. At what time do you want to see the movie?" After another round of me saying the time and the recording saying "I'm sorry I still didn't understand your answer, the machine hangs up. Fandango cannot understand French accent. They advertise with Indians actors poking fun of their accents, but they hang up on the French.
I call back and the same thing happens. I can't get pass the "3:30" show time. The machine just does not get it. I have to call again and I am seriously considering getting the 4:15 show which should be easy to understand even with my accent. As I am preparing for another fight against the machine, I think of keying the time from the phone pad. It works. We will see the "Treeee Zerty" show after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home