Saturday, August 13, 2005

Argentina! Argentina!

I'm at the Barnes and Noble with some friends, hanging out at the cafe there before the movie show time. We're drinking and talking and enjoying ourselves when my friend points to a man wearing a stripped blue and white soccer jersey. "From Greece?" he asks to no one in particular. My soccer knowledge is at the ready. "Nop. Argentine" I answer adding "I think" to soften my complete assurance in the subject. He argues. We decide to bet.
As we are ready to leave, my friends are already reaching the escalator down when I turned back and walk up to the man. "Is this Argentine?" I ask pointing to his jersey. A huge smile across his face and an answer with a thick Hispanic accent: "Yes! Argentina! Argentina!".
I smile back and hurry back to my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home