Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Body heat

I wished I had a camera. Around 8:00 AM on my way to work. On Florida Ave, near the intersection with New York Ave. They were standing in the morning cold. His arms are around her but she is looking outward, toward us. Both are dressed shabbily, with empty eyes looking straight ahead but at nothing. They look homeless. She must be 50 or 60, an old black woman. He must be 30 or 40, a white guy, dirty with a unkempt beard and several missing teeth. It looks like he is just warming her up. They look both helpless and invincible.

3 Comments:

Blogger Austin of Sundrip said...

very nice. yes, sometimes even the deadly cold can't kill the true spirit. I've been homeless way too much. I've awaken with a light bed of snow over my body but I got up and went to school anyway. there are just times when you know things are bad but you just refuse to let them kill you.
i like your blog.
Aussie

11:10 PM  
Blogger Solomon2 said...

Just, your comments on this, please: Sympathy For the French Rioters?

10:55 AM  
Blogger Just said...

Done -- I've been looking at the events with a mixture of repulsion and "I told you so" feeling.
It was obvious that this would eventually come. I always laugh when people cite France as an example against the US. They just don't know what they're talking about...

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home